Tips to Help Your Kitchen Plumbing Run More Smoothly
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Melbourne Plumber
We get calls each and every week which have to do with plumbing in the kitchen. Many times people are making the same mistakes over and over again which result in plumbing problems.
In this article we will go over some “Do’s and Don’ts” when it comes to kitchen plumbing. Hopefully this information can help you have a kitchen which is plumbing catastrophe free.
- Don’t pour grease down your drain. In fact, this is one of the worst things you can do. Grease is the perfect substance to glum onto debris and other materials and then harden. It will then turn into a very stubborn drain blockage over time.
- Don’t load your dishwasher with dirty plates. Really, a dishwasher is just a machine which removes small bits of debris and sterilizes the dishes and utensils. It was not invented to get rid of big chunks of food.
- Don’t overload the garbage disposal. Try limiting the amount of stuff you put down there at one time. Also, make sure the material you put down there is food related only. Non-organic material can be a problem for a garbage disposal.
- Run water down your disposal as often as you can. This will help loosen any trapped debris and make the machine run smoother in the long run.
- Maintain your dishwasher. Make sure to clean out the food filter often. Make sure you run approved detergent through the dishwasher. Using the right detergent can make a big difference. Make sure the drains are clear and there are not clogs.
With this information in mind, you can now help add to the life of your disposal and dishwasher. The less you have to call a plumber the better.