Plumbing directly involves the bringing in of freshwater to a home and the removal of wastewater. Many times we run into areas around leaking plumbing that has mold. Mold is a leading cause for allergies. With this in mind we decided to write this article on tips that will help prevent mold and other allergens from being present inside your home.
- Close Your Windows Often – We all love fresh air but if you suffer seasonal allergies it is a good idea to have your windows closed and run the AC unit. The air gets filtered through the AC filter. Of course, that air can get stale so allowing fresh air in every day in brief moments is a good thing.
- Dust and Vacuum Often.
- Check All Pipes for Leaks. This is the number one offender when it comes to mold inside the home.
- Maintain Your AC. Make sure the AC is not leaking and that the water drain is functioning properly. This is the number two cause for mold inside a home.
- Check Roof for Leaks. Even the tiniest leak can cause massive mold problems inside. This is the number three cause for mold.
- Sweep and Mop Behind Kitchen Appliances. Liquid and dust can mesh over time causing a veritable allergen factory to exist out of plain site.
- Have Your Home Exterior Pressure Washed. This will usually blast off any mold that has begun to grow.
If you can think of any tips we may have missed please feel free to share them in the comments section.